Fate Succumbs  - Tammy Blackwell

Read the full review at Witchmag's Boekenplank

*May contain spoilers if you haven’t read the other books in the series*

First of all, isn’t the cover absolutely amazing? It seems like every new book in the series has a cover more beautiful than the previous. And I already loved the first one! Unfortunately, this story wasn’t as exciting, refreshing and mind numbing as the other ones. The new and unexpected was gone and the book went back to being predictable. Mind you, it’s still a great book to read and a fitting ending for such a good series, but this was a bit how I predicted it would go after I read the first book. Okay some things were way off, but I got some things right too. That was a bit of a let down. In the other books I was swept along, didn’t know what was up or down. Here I had a very decent footing and the story was unable to get me from my spot. Which I kinda missed, I hoped the ending would have had a greater impact.

As I said, there were also occasions where I was way off and Tammy Blackwell also throws some delicious new things in the mix. A prophecy? The truth that gets revealed, finally. A Liam that opens up. I loved each one of these revelations, as I did with the story. The book also show you that not everything is black or white. That while fighting a war the other side isn’t always evil incarnated. They are normal people, who fight for what they think is right, for what they have been thought. I’ve never before encountered something like this in a book. For me the antagonist where always evil. It was always their fault. I know otherwise now.

I was also very happy with the great chemistry between Liam and Scout. Why didn’t I get to experience this in the two previous books? That would have been even better! These two are so entertaining together. They squabble, they fight, squabble once again. They use the most funny ways to point out that they were right, or to add more strength to their arguments. I’ve never laughed or giggled so much while reading a book and I was a bit sad that I only got to know this much fun in the last book.

Conclusion

4 HEARTS. It has one of the most amazing covers ever. Although it became a bit predictable and less life changing as the other two books, it was still one heck of a read. It made me open my eyes for “villains” and made me laugh out loud a lot for Liam and Scout’s antics. It’s a worthy ending for a great series and I’m very curious to Tammy Blackwell’s next book!

Source: http://witchmagsboekenplank.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/review-fate-succumbs-by-tammy-blackwell