Time Mends  - Tammy Blackwell

*Originally reviewed at Witchmag's Boekenplank*

*May contain some spoilers if you haven’t read the first book*

Immediately after reading Destiny Binds, the first book, I went and bought the next one. I just had to know how the story continued. I still wasn’t sure if what I read was real.I was hoping for some major twist so Alex would still be alive. Sadly, no such things happened and I had to accept that Alex really died. Finally the shock settled in and I liked Destiny Binds even better. And I looked with different eyes to this book. Would there be another hearth braking event? Could I take it? And off I went into another great story. A story that once again I couldn’t let go till the end. This book was even darker, with more twist and turns. And I loved every minute of it.

Even though I said this book is amazing, I felt something lacking, if I compare it with Destiny Binds. Cause even with all the greatness, I didn’t feel the same rush, the same urgency to read the next word, to read the next chapter as I felt with the first book. Even though this book was astonishing and I can’t give it less than 5 hearts, I missed that feeling. That feeling of being completely engrossed, that special place in my mind where I go to when I find a story great enough. THAT feeling was missing. I can’t pinpoint any reason for this, there’s nothing that was so annoying I had to put the book away or something like that… I just wasn’t able to reach my special place…

Okay enough about my special place, let’s continue with how I enjoyed the story. Scouts humor made me laugh once again and it was really touching to read how she and her brother and friend manage to reconcile after the terrible happenings of book one. Talking about endings, this time too there’s one hell of a cliffhanger. One that makes it so hard to wait till the next books comes out. Although I’m glad that this will be the last one. I’ll finally know if everything will work out and get some answers to my questions ^^ Cause I got even more after reading this one. So much happened and I’m not even sure why… And I wanna know! I Won’t go into specifics, you’ll just have to read the book for that, it’s totally worth it ^^

There’s only one thing that bothered me a teeny tiny bit. I’d preferred a little more information and details about how Scout deals with Alex’s death. It certainly doesn’t help if she visits him almost every night in her dreams. Dreams that look amazingly real. Like he’s still alive somewhere. That doesn’t really help the whole closure process, does it?

Conclusion

5 HEARTS. Although I liked this book slightly less than Destiny Binds, it’s still one of the best books I’ve read this year. Scout and her great observation skills are back, so there’s enough to laugh throughout the story. There’s also some new and exciting stuff happening and as usual there’s a phenomenal cliffhanger. Which means I’m already craving for the next book. Only minor setback was the lack of information and details on how Scout was able to deal with Alex’s death. I preferred it if it was given more thought. Nonetheless it’s a great read I can recommend to anyone who loves werewolves and all things paranormal!

Source: http://witchmagsboekenplank.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/review-time-mends-by-tammy-blackwell