Goddess Boot Camp - Tera Lynn Childs

*Read the full review at Witchmag's Boekenplank*

The second book in the series. Although it was great to read about Phoebe again, I found the story a little less captivating this time. The things Phoebe did, unconsciously, with her powers were hilarious (like teleport her stepfather in the middle of the ocean when she thinks of a surfing boy ). Also the fact she has to spend two weeks with little girls is hilarious, but that was the good part.

Not that the rest was hard to read or bad, I just found it less interesting. Phoebe, for example, thought too much at times. Her fantasy ran amok and with it her powers. If you know this happens, you at least try to pay attention to it, don’t you? Besides, it got pretty boring to read about all the horrible things her mind comes up with in her worst case scenarios.

I also didn’t like the way she treats Griffin. Okay, some things can happen in a relationship, but at least hear his version from the story first, before you break up with your guy. Especially if it’s very obvious he was head over heels in love with you just a couple of minutes before. If your first boyfriend cheated on you, it doesn’t mean your next boyfriend will cheat on you too (unless he’s an asshole just like nr. 1).

The ending sucked. Big Time. I didn’t feel like the story actually ended. Maybe there will be another book? I hope so, because there are so many things I’d like to know, such as from which God has Nicole as ancestor? Really frustrating!

Overall rating 3 HEARTS. This book just didn’t have the mix of humor, gods and adventure that the first book obviously did have. Even though there were many fun parts, which made me laugh out loud, most of it was a little boring to read. I sincerely hope there will be another book, so I can get my questions answered ^^

Source: http://witchmagsboekenplank.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/review-goddess-boot-camp-by-tera-lynn-childs